In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Ferritic and pearlitic malleable irons are both produced by annealing white iron of controlled composition.
- If machining is required the weld deposits should be annealed and heat treated after machining.
- For the high-silicon nodular irons, high-temperature heat treatment is advised in all cases to anneal any pearlite and stabilize the casting against growth in service.
- The ‘EZ Beader’ from PARAGON is a new bead kiln designed to anneal glass beads to prevent breakage during cooling.
- The template and primer were annealed by briefly heating at 80°C and cooling to room temperature.
- He says bright annealed stainless steel is generally specified for medical applications.
- The weldment must be stress relived or annealed after welding.
- Following welding the weldment should be annealed and then heat treated to the desired strength level.
- The heat of welding will anneal the copper in the heat-affected area adjacent to the weld and reduce the strength provided by cold working.
- The most common heat treatments of gray iron are annealing and stress relieving.
- After being annealed, the work metal is quenched in water to free it from particles of the salt mixture.
- The cold rolling process required that the steel be annealed or softened to keep the metal flexible and not brittle.
- The white irons of suitable composition can be annealed to give malleable cast iron.
- In heat treatable alloys, annealing also may be accompanied by precipitation and changes in solute concentration.
- Beta annealing is done at temperatures above the transus of the alloy being annealed.
- After extrusion, the tubes are annealed to remove the work hardening and provide the softness or limpness needed for good collapsibility.
- The modern range of machinery includes five-axis HSC centres and stretch forming machines, annealing furnaces and chemical milling plants.
- Mattinson's idea was to first heat or anneal the zircons, sealing off the least damaged areas of the crystal, then using a strong reagent, hydrofluoric acid, to eat away the heavily damaged areas.
- Unlike annealed stampings, fully hardened electroforms need no heat treating - a process that can distort finished shapes.
- Welding of cold-worked alloys anneals the heat-affected zone and eliminates the strength produced by cold working.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.