In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(plant)planta anual femenino
- You must also leave room in front or behind the bulbs for annuals that you will plant when the daffodils are no longer blooming.
- Growing annuals from seed offers the chance to grow something different every year and the gardeners at Greenbank seize the opportunity wholeheartedly.
- We tested for differences in male cyathia production between annuals and perennials.
- Except for the sweet potato, which may return in spring, all of these plants are annuals.
- Fall is a good time to plant cool-season annuals and vegetables, herbs, perennials and trees, too.
- Soon Pooter had bought a book, planted annuals and ‘discovered a beautiful spot for growing mustard and cress and radishes’.
- If you're brave enough to plant perennials and annuals now, give them extra attention until roots take a strong hold.
- Both are annuals, but once they are established in your garden they are eager reseeders.
- You can camouflage the bulb foliage by carefully planting summer annuals around the bulbs once all danger of frost is past.
- Avoid fertilizing the annuals planted in the same bed until the bulbs have died back.
- These annuals are beautiful foliage plants becoming fashionable again.
- The Italian garden wore a grand look with several varieties of colourful annuals.
- Genome size differences among annuals are likewise not related to summer or winter annuality.
- Before I planted these choice annuals, I dug big holes and amended the soil with plenty of manure.
- Once the primulas and violas go over, a few annuals will be stuffed in wherever they can fit to give colour over the summer.
- These annuals love heat and aren't particularly demanding, but they are prone to powdery mildew, especially late in the season.
- At ground level it's best to provide spot colour in small gardens, either by the use of annuals or perhaps using bulbs at the front of beds and borders.
- Her favourite perennials are lilies which put on a show of colour before the annuals get into full swing.
- l Collect the seed from perennials and annuals by tying a paper bag over the flower head, then cut the stem off the plant.
- Once they get established, many of Jensen's annuals self-sow, carrying on the bloom show with little help from her.
2.1(yearly publication)anuario masculino
- He says: ‘My mum still has the evidence of published photo-shoots and the annuals I did.’
- Popular children's books included annuals, yearly bound books of stories, such as the Rupert Annuals or Chums Annuals.
- Timeform publishes such annuals as Racehorses and Chasers and Hurdlers, along with its weekly Black Book.
- At the time, Bill was writing a yearly annual called the Player Ratings Book.
- The Beano alone each week moves about 135,000 copies, and every Christmas both annuals are bestsellers.
- By the early 19th century it had become a popular pastime for young ladies and was enthusiastically recommended by annuals and other periodicals.
- I think we are the oldest continuously published sporting annual in the world (the first Wisden appeared in 1864).
- Once upon a time the Christmas was a time for annuals like the Dandy, the Beano, and Beezer and Topper.
- The Doll's House is furnished like a bright children's nursery, with colourful walls and shelves brimming with old annuals, teddies and spinning tops.
- One lot is a collection of children's annuals, including first editions of Enid Blyton books and an 1870 copy of John Bunyan's Choice Works.
- The GirlFrenzy Millenial is a special compilation of articles and art-work from the zine, published in the style of the girls annuals we all know so well!
- From there, he became an expert at drawing John Wayne, but extended his range to all kinds of Wild West stars, with Wagon Train annuals and other Western books covers.
- His comic annual was selling half a million copies a year and he was the subject of a whole range of merchandising material.
- Whitaker's Almanac is the oldest continually published annual in Britain.
- The Children's Book Shelf stocks nothing but children's books, old annuals and comics.
- He now has a huge collection of Dr Who memorabilia, including annuals and autographs, and is building a second Dalek to add to another he bought for £800.
2.2(comic book)álbum infantil que se publica anualmente
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.