In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1oso hormiguero masculino
- Dens are often established in holes previously dug by antbears, hyenas, and warthogs.
- Yellow Mongoose dens are usually disused burrows left by other animals such as antbears or spring hares which the yellow mongoose then expand considerably.
- Timbavati is known for its large herds of buffalo and elephant, and the night drives are good for viewing leopards, antbears, porcupines and hyenas.
- On a night drive expect to see an array of nocturnal animals such as the lesser bushbaby, porcupine and antbears.
- Dassies abound on the hills and there are also porcupines and antbears.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.