In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- These familiar antacids were medicine chest staples.
- Acidity may cause mouth ulcers and it is easily diagnosed and treated with antacids.
- If antacids don't work, or if large quantities of antacid are needed to be effective, a pharmacist may recommend a more powerful medication.
- For example, antacids, antibiotics, and oral contraceptives alter your body's absorption of several B vitamins.
- This medicine contains antacids that can keep other medicines from working properly if the 2 medicines are taken too close together.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.