In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Without claws, spiny lobsters use their antennae to fend off predators.
- In these fossils, detail of legs, antennae, wings, and even small body hairs are preserved.
- It was a female, as evidenced by its plump, rounded abdomen and thin antennae.
- Lurking in these holes, the ants grab the legs and antennae of unsuspecting insects.
- The only appendages that all crustaceans have in common is two pairs of antennae.
2plural antennasTelevisión Radioantena femenino
- Dish antennas now receive more than fifty television channels via satellite signals.
- We need agile radios whose antennas can point to other agile radios and not spread radio waves in every direction.
- And on the roof there was a red and blue light bar with a whole slew of antennas sticking out from the top.
- Wireless calls can be received by a number of different antennas miles away from the caller.
- We suppose they are radio antennas beaming away their signal into the low grey sky.
- It's a touch ugly, to be honest, with three external antennas on top of a small grey box.
- Avoid contact with power lines connected to the house and with television antennas.
- The interference involves a number of television antennas often used on boats.
- To this day, Russian spacecraft tend to use separate antennas for each communications function.
- The plan was to build local telecommunications networks using antennas on customer buildings.
- Those antennas are used as part of the U.S. Coast Guard communication system and have been for years.
- There were no cable lines connected to the house, no antennas mounted on the roof, and no satellite in the yard.
- Their mission changed from checking radios to checking the mounts and antennas.
- Radio tags on the market use bulky external antennas and cost about 30 cents and up.
- A closer look reveals unusual devices on its roof - satellite antennas to receive signals from space.
- Moments later, automatic commands deployed its solar arrays and navigational antennas.
- Of course, all radios and antennas should be tuned for their best performance.
- Scaled down versions might serve as antennas for communications systems.
- Installation of the antennas and their associated cabling took about two hours.
- With the hilly terrain between the two antennas, the signal would encounter severe attenuation.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.