In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Penguin had earlier published an anthology on Delhi, part of a series of such collections.
- A young football fan is to see her name in print and her soccer poem published in an anthology.
- This collection is an updated version of an anthology that was published a decade ago.
- The group plans to publish an anthology of their work in the summer.
- He has had numerous short stories published in magazines and anthologies.
- She has had poetry published in several anthologies, and short stories in a range of journals and magazines.
- She notes that because much of today's market is dependent on college survey courses, among the volumes of poetry published, only anthologies can hope for mass-market success.
- What were the attitudes and aesthetics reflected in the flurry of anthologies published then?
- Three of my books were banned along with an anthology of writing by black writers.
- It is to be found in many anthologies published there, several of which were, or are, used in schools.
- His poems stopped appearing in major American poetry anthologies, and his books went out of print and remained so.
- Publishers, agents and editors are always talking about how short story collections and anthologies don't sell very well.
- And, two leading publishing houses came up with anthologies of exclusively new poems.
- I always wanted to do a book of lost poems; I love anthologies of poems because you find these unexpected treasures in the middle of nowhere.
- ‘I had been writing short stories for a while,’ she says, explaining that several were published in anthologies and magazines.
- She has taught writing in colleges across the country, and has continued to publish poetry in magazines and anthologies.
- The accomplished author has also written three children's books and published two anthologies.
- The winning posters will be printed and the best poems will be published in a special anthology, which will be distributed to schools across the county.
- My list is only a sample of the number of North American Italian anthologies that have been published in recent years and does not include the vast number of collections of critical essays.
- Other publishers were only publishing anthologies.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.