In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- This has caused widespread opposition from the anti-abortion lobby.
- This constant reference to the foetus as a baby has become common coin for the anti-abortion lobby.
- All dilemmas can be resolved, say the anti-abortion lobby, if the starting point is the foetus rather than the woman.
- Legalizing abortion didn't make anti-abortion advocates accept it.
- Does the anti-abortion lobby demand that a pregnancy continue if the mother's life is in danger?
- She said the anti-abortion movement's ultimate aim was to make all abortion a crime.
- Although Britain has a vocal anti-abortion lobby opposed to embryo research, it is very much in the minority.
- But this is an image used by the anti-abortion lobby and it generates heat in an emotive area.
- In Montana, an anti-abortion bill was introduced requiring death certificates for fetuses.
- However, this film presents such a sanitised version of amateur abortion that it is in effect powerful fodder for the anti-abortion lobby.
- Even to those who are anti-abortion, I feel there are always situations in which abortion cannot possibly be classified as murder.
- Ministers hope the move will reduce the number of teenage pregnancies but anti-abortion campaigners have fiercely opposed the changes.
- I rattled and sang to detoxify the current of anger the anti-abortion marchers projected.
- She does not, for example, have problems with anti-abortion activists displaying the results of late abortions.
- The use of images of fetuses has generally been a favoured tactic of the anti-abortion lobby.
- That he did not prioritize his opposition to abortion drew criticism from some within the anti-abortion movement.
- The anti-abortion protesters who block clinics would also qualify.
- The anti-abortion lobby argues that a fetus is a person who is entitled to civil rights.
- Some anti-abortion groups believe that life begins at conception and prevention of implantation is murder.
- For example, at anti-abortion rallies you always hear the phrase ‘abortion is murder’.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.