In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Other pharmacological options include antidepressants and benzodiazepines.
- Patients taking tricyclic antidepressants had no increased risk of upper gastrointestinal bleeding.
- They might interact with some antidepressants and beta-blockers.
- A quarter of the new drugs now being developed by pharmaceuticals are antidepressants.
- Another drug trial looks at the efficacy of two antidepressants in the treatment of painful polyneuropathy.
- The treatment drugs of choice are anticonvulsants and tricyclic antidepressants.
- Short term use of antidepressants and lithium and hypnosis offer limited help.
- Further relief of symptoms may be achieved with tricyclic antidepressants and anticonvulsants.
- Few think that it should be treated with drugs, and most think that antidepressants are addictive.
- Data that discredit such old drugs may serve well in marketing the new generation of antidepressants.
- No subject in the study was being treated with antipsychotics or antidepressants.
- The panellists decided to place the warning on all antidepressants rather than single out individual drugs.
- Most patients were receiving antidepressants and antipsychotics on admission.
- Concern surrounds the use of tricyclic antidepressants in patients with cardiovascular disease.
- We have assessed risk only relative to people receiving tricyclic antidepressants.
- They might interact with other drugs that cause drowsiness such as alcohol, and some antidepressants.
- The most commonly used drugs are antidepressants, mood stabilizers and antipsychotics.
- Various analgesics, vitamins, tranquillisers, and antidepressants had had no effect.
- Antispasmodic drugs and antidepressants work for some patients but not for others.
- There was a significant correlation between the prescribing of antidepressants of all types and antiulcer drugs.
- A second model excluded usage data for non-narcotic analgesic and antidepressant medications.
- Treatment of individuals suffering from depression using antidepressant medications appears to be on the rise.
- Studies have shown that exercise can be almost as effective as antidepressant medication for some people.
- These include amphetamines, antidepressant drugs, caffeine, corticosteroids and lithium.
- In this paper we refer mainly to conditions of unipolar depression that are considered severe enough to warrant treatment with antidepressant medication.
- I got antidepressant pills from my GP, he was given a research post.
- As many as 35 percent of older patients do not respond to antidepressant medications.
- In the more severe cases, tranquilizers and antidepressant drugs have been reported to be of benefit.
- A common issue in the treatment of patients with depression is compliance with antidepressant drug regimens.
- The review of the evidence highlights associations between the severity of depression and response to antidepressant medication.
- Psychiatrists are experienced in prescribing the different types of antidepressant medication, and in spotting their side-effects.
- As primary treatment it is somewhat more successful and safer than the very effective antidepressant drugs.
- If you are experiencing major depression, however, your doctor may prescribe antidepressant medication to treat it.
- Q. Can you become depressed while taking an antidepressant drug like Zoloft?
- Urologists do sometimes prescribe antidepressant medications such as Prozac, Zoloft or Paxil.
- The other main category of antidepressant drugs is the tricyclic drugs.
- A large and rapidly growing number of antidepressant medications are effective against depression.
- People with both major or less severe depression often respond well to antidepressant medication.
- We examined whether a combination of problem solving treatment with antidepressant medication is more effective than either treatment alone.
- It surely does not automatically equate to merely prescribing antidepressant medications.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.