In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- It's one between establishment and anti-establishment factions.
- Without them even knowing, the anti-establishment was rapidly becoming the establishment.
- Christine Tamblyn characterized DeMichiel as an example of an anti-establishment deconstructionist and as a collagist.
- But that very same appeal was anti-establishment, and that's why among many Arab officials, he was seen as a dangerous man.
- Just at the point when it can start to claim establishment credentials, it faces an anti-establishment mood among the electorate.
- That old argument also resurfaces - is it possible to be anti-establishment when you're part of the damn establishment to start with?
- Especially a musician who has had a consistently anti-establishment message for the past 20 years and has probably only made enough to live?
- Some worry that none of the contenders can stop Dean's anti-establishment candidacy, prompting speculation that high-profile alternatives may join the race.
- These clerics often sided with the state and received some type of annuity, while clerics at the bottom of the religious hierarchy espoused anti-establishment sentiment.
- The transgressive character of the prose poem emerges here as a natural expression of the Language poets' anti-establishment impulse.
- I have noticed that for some people it is more important to be anti-establishment… or be a maverick… or be a Jim Morrison than to do what they want.
- Essential to being anti-establishment is having a very clear understanding of the establishment itself.
- Its writers are clearly anti-establishment and spare no one, whether they are powerful political figures, prima donna actresses or influential actors.
- But I am surprised, I must admit, that a lot of anti-establishment types seemingly want to join the establishment.
- A small group of recreation advocates are working at establishing an Iqaluit fitness society and anti-establishment gym.
- The works on display ranged from journalistic and documentary work to alternative and anti-establishment fine-art practices.
- Almost all of them were at pains to make clear, though, that they'd been drummed out in short order, because they were either too cool for campfires or too anti-establishment for the uniform.
- A mixture of anger, anti-establishment irreverence and workers' solidarity is documented by the 145 banners collected by the City of Edinburgh.
- This episode deals with the psychiatry of the Sixties, the rejection of Freud and the growth of the anti-establishment, which might sound worthy until I tell you this story.
- She said Kabbalah is ‘incredibly punk rock’ and anti-establishment.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.