In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- When avoidance isn't possible, antihistamine medications may be prescribed to block the release of histamine in the body.
- Allergic rhinitis is treated with antihistamine drugs or local steroid sprays.
- These agents may also be added to antihistamine therapy.
- The antihistamine effects on performance have previously been measured in an actual driving test in normal traffic.
- If you are vomiting a lot, the antihistamine medicine, promethazine, may help.
- Taking antihistamine tablets may also help reduce itching - ask your pharmacist for advice.
- The antihistamine drug also gets into your bloodstream and travels through the blood to your brain.
- Your doctor also might prescribe a non-drowsy oral antihistamine or antihistamine eye drops.
- Effective treatments include antihistamine medicines, in the form of tablet or liquid, inhalers, nasal spays and also eye drops.
- In addition, the placebo effect is even higher when the placebo has some antihistamine effect (similar to the influence of the antidepressant on histamine receptors).
- Symptoms disappeared and antihistamine medication was discontinued on day 4 of the treatment diet.
- Research has shown that cold and allergy medications such as antihistamines and decongestants are not helpful in preventing them.
- Hay fever or some old fashioned antihistamine treatments with side effect drowsiness can generally impede your life style.
- Your doctor might have you use antihistamine pills, a steroid cream, calamine lotion, or zinc oxide cream.
- If this is not helpful, your doctor may prescribe stronger steroids or antihistamine pills.
- Transfusion should be interrupted until symptomatic relief is achieved following antihistamine administration.
- He or she may recommend additional treatment, such as antihistamines or antibiotics.
- You can also take antihistamine tablets containing drugs such as cyclizine or cinnarizine to prevent travel or motion sickness.
- Such drugs as antihistamines and tricyclic antidepressants likely exaggerate this proarrhythmic potential.
- Further treatment is symptomatic and may include topical corticosteroids, oral antihistamines, and oral steroids.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.