In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Matter and antimatter just don't mix, so it's surprising that you can probe one with the other.
- Various propulsion schemes have been proposed, from nuclear fusion to antimatter to laser sails.
- Why is the universe made of matter and not equal parts of matter and antimatter?
- You wouldn't be able to tell by looking whether the black hole was originally formed by matter, antimatter or green cheese.
- There is both matter (such as electrons) and oppositely charged antimatter (such as positrons).
- Paul Dirac predicted the existence of antimatter with his relativistic wave equation in 1928.
- What everyone actually needs here is a more efficient mobile power source, whether it be cold fusion, lithium air or a matter / antimatter reactor.
- He saw how magnetic traps could make antimatter useful in medicine, principally in tumor treatment.
- Mirror matter is not antimatter, it is altogether weirder.
- In the enormous densities of the early moments of the Big Bang the result would have been a catastrophic annihilation of matter and antimatter into radiation.
- Those equations and present particle physics say that matter and antimatter are equivalent.
- The answer to your question is, thus, clearly yes: matter would be created when antimatter particles collide at high energy.
- When particles of matter and particles of antimatter collide, large amounts of energy are produced as a by-product.
- What is CP violation and how does it explain the fact that matter outnumbers antimatter in the universe?
- This brief survey of recent Lorentz tests only lists those experiments involving light, ordinary matter, and antimatter.
- The definition of matter and antimatter is purely conventional.
- Theory suggests that, at the moment the universe was created, equal amounts of matter and antimatter were formed.
- Much like matter and antimatter the two objects would be almost instantly converted to pure energy, generating a massive explosion.
- He also predicted the existence of antimatter (specifically the antiparticle of the electron) that was later discovered in nature.
- If matter and antimatter collide, they annihilate each other.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.