In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- In pursuit of dryness, almost 90 percent of Americans make a point of dabbing on a leading deodorant or antiperspirant at least once a week, according to a New York-based research company.
- When you use antiperspirant to prevent sweating, you deprive these organisms of the moisture they love.
- Switch over to natural brands of toiletries, including shampoo, toothpaste, antiperspirants and cosmetics.
- What is the best deodorant / antiperspirant for sensitive skin?
- It went away when a lovely doctor gave me antibiotics and told me to stop using antiperspirant - though not until I'd already seen one doctor who thought I should get checked for cancer.
- She recently stopped wearing antiperspirant because she heard the aluminium in it can give you breast cancer, so she's constantly sniffing her armpits and spritzing herself with perfume.
- Applying antiperspirant to feet can significantly reduce the sweating that stimulates the growth of aroma-producing organisms.
- An antiperspirant doesn't actually prevent odor; instead it blocks your sweat ducts with aluminum salts, thus reducing the amount of perspiration that is able to reach your skin.
- Unlike other products enhanced with antiperspirant, it feels grippy, not tacky.
- If your sweat is within the normal range, you aren't likely heading for a Botox treatment, but you may still be pondering which is the right antiperspirant / deodorant for you.
- Why is it that if we wear antiperspirant we don't smell until it wears off?
- I suggest leaving a stick of deodorant or antiperspirant at the office in case you need to apply more throughout the day.
- Anyways, my point is that everyone should apply long-lasting deodorant or antiperspirant on a daily basis because smelling like sweat is definitely a turnoff for everybody.
- To reduce staining from the antiperspirant, apply it only at night on dry skin.
- The study found no link between women's antiperspirant or deodorant use, before or after shaving, and a higher occurrence of breast cancer.
- This highly effective antiperspirant is applied to dry skin before bedtime.
- I shower twice a day, and have tried every antiperspirant on the market but nothing stops my terrible underarm sweating.
- Confused about which antiperspirant and/or deodorant is right for you?
- For example, we do not use bar soap, dental floss, laundry detergent, Q-Tips, antiperspirant, deodorant, charity lotteries, or soup.
- On the other hand, if your armpits get sweaty and damp when it's hot, try using a better deodorant or antiperspirant, and also remember to keep your arms nice and low.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.