In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(drug/medicine) antiviral(medicine/drug) antivírico
2(software/program) (invariable adjective) antivirus
- Nonetheless vendors have announced plans to update antivirus software to detect the bug.
- The first and most critical element of your Internet security system is antivirus software.
- I have 3 firewalls and plenty of antivirus software installed on my computer.
- Users are advised to update their antivirus software and delete any suspicious emails without opening them.
- Users are advised to update their antivirus software to detect the worm and to resist the temptation to open unsolicited email attachments.
1antiviral masculinoantivírico masculino
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.