In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1a paso aceleradoa ritmo aceleradoeconomic recovery continues apace — la reactivación de la economía continúa a paso / ritmo acelerado
- There was no hard landing and housing construction continued apace.
- Plans are continuing apace for the Fairymount National School centenary celebrations later in the year.
- Preparations for the new season at Gigg Lane continue apace.
- Work on the last minute feature continues apace, with it being dropped onto the page and lined up nicely today, and almost ready for proofing by six.
- Team-building is also continuing apace at Hunslet whose second row forward Sean Ibbetson is reckoned to be a Knights target.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.