In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1apicultor masculinoapicultora femenino
- The amateur apiarist was a member of York Beekeepers' Association and became known locally as ‘Mr B the bee man’, for selling honey from his garden gate.
- The question is whether the apiarists should be allowed to use public land for the purpose of farming an introduced animal.
- Growers are very dependent on the skill of the apiarists, who bring along hives full of bees just at the stage when they have need of lots of pollen to feed their brood.
- Like most budding apiarists, my first concern was to avoid getting stung.
- Every bee larva has the potential to become a queen if properly nourished by its hivemates or an apiarist.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.