In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(of person) apaciguamiento masculino(of anger) aplacamiento masculino
- If that is not appeasement, I'd like to know what you call it.
- This is not a time for political accommodation or popular appeasement.
- I think that pacifism and appeasement are the politics of the naive and foolish.
- They're willing to play chicken, because they've been winning for more than a century, and our appeasements have only whetted their appetites for more concessions.
- I do not believe in vile acquittals, phony appeasements, easy forgiveness.
2Políticapolicy of appeasement — la política contemporizadora / de contemporización
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.