In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- At the outset, the appellant applied for permission to have a mobile home on the land.
- He held that the respondents did not lead the appellants to believe that they would be granted a lease.
- In the event, no evidence was given by the complainant or the appellant about these matters.
- On the following day the appellant was arrested and he then made a full and frank admission.
- In this case a number of appellants have been convicted of more than one bank robbery.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.