In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1operación de apéndice femeninoapendicectomía femenino formalapendectomía femenino formal
- For example, a general surgery session may include a laparoscopic cholecystectomy, appendectomy, and major bowel procedure.
- Only two years previously, I had undergone an emergency appendicectomy.
- Appendicitis is treated by removing the inflamed appendix through an appendectomy.
- As a general surgical trainee, I had performed a couple of appendicectomies and a few other supervised operations, but I was certainly not ready to do anything as major as opening the abdomen without supervision.
- Surgeries that were once routinely performed by opening the abdomen, such as gallbladder surgery and appendectomies were routinely done with laparoscopic techniques by 1999.
- Early appendicectomy was first recommended and performed for non-perforated acute appendicitis in the 1880s.
- After an appendicectomy, some people can get an infection around the area of the wound.
- It was possible that it might be needed for an emergency appendectomy being undertaken by the ship's surgeon while at sea.
- This alone makes it difficult for them to progress to performing operations like appendicectomies, which most current registrars were doing as pre-registration house officers.
- The most common abdominal operation performed on an emergency basis is the appendectomy, which is performed more than 250,000 times annually in the United States.
- By the end of the 1920s, deliveries and abortions, adenoidectomies, appendectomies, tonsillectomies, and the treatment of accident victims accounted for 60 percent of hospital admissions.
- It has also in recent times completed emergency procedures such as appendectomies, open fixation of broken bones and bowel resections.
- This operation is called an appendicectomy or appendectomy.
- All patients who underwent laparotomy or laparoscopy for suspected appendicitis had an appendicectomy.
- Researchers emphasize, however, that the absolute risk for developing Crohn's disease in 10 years is two patients per 1,000 appendectomies, and there is no reason to believe that appendectomy is the cause of increased risk.
- Unlike her predecessors, Ms D scrubbed for only one surgical procedure, an appendectomy, the entire time she was in Vietnam.
- If a patient keeps going back to a specialist, particularly a surgeon, then hysterectomies, appendectomies and gall bladder operations are carried out unnecessarily.
- Additionally, cholecystectomies and appendectomies continue to be misclassified.
- There also are reports of adenocarcinoma of the appendix presenting as a mucinous cystadenoma; therefore, an appendectomy should be performed at the time of surgery.
- We've done nine appendicectomies, it's a very safe procedure in our hands, with no complications related to the appendicectomy or the surgery.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.