In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The book is divided into chapters according to different types of meals, appetizers, desserts and drinks.
- Everything was presented with great panache and evening meals were preceded by complimentary canapes and appetisers.
- An apéritif is served with small snacks or appetizers before the meal.
- Our ostensible mission is to find New York's perfect pizza, but the restaurant is a little way off, so we duck into a dumpling bar for an appetiser.
- The meal starts with an appetizer of citrus-scented crab salad mounded on cucumber slices.
- The main menu is a simple list - no designations for appetizers, main courses, or sides.
- Along with a rotating selection of appetizers and main courses, every day has its signature dish.
- They have some more unusual items on their menu, fish curries and even chaat appetizers like bhel puri.
- After such vibrant appetizers, some of the more subtle noodle dishes taste a tad subdued.
- It was a warming appetiser to the main course of the evening.
- We started with an appetizer of duck ravioli which sounds scarier than it was.
- Combined with soup and appetisers such as kebabs, falafel, and pizzas or tortilla rolls, these can make a meal in themselves.
- The new menu also includes a variety of soups, salads, appetisers, pasta and bakes and of course, all those pizzas.
- You need only to order the main course and the appetizers, dessert and all drinks are free.
- We were celebrating our first night on vacation and so we all ordered steaks and our favorite appetizers.
- The menu has appetizers, sandwiches, pastas, salads and 23 kinds of pizzas.
- The menu at least held out the promise of a return to familiarity: lots of pasta dishes and pizzas, a generous selection of appetisers and some intriguing main courses.
- These dishes were appetizers, and if anything, a few of them seemed a little too light.
- It is a red wine flavoured with cherries and prunes and has a sharp yet very pleasant effect on the palate, at the same time satisfying as an accompaniment to a meal and acting as an appetiser.
- After a moment of contemplation she settled on a salad and appetizers.
2(snack)aperitivo masculinotapa femenino Españabotana femenino México
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.