In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1aposición femeninoin apposition (to sth) — en aposición (a algo)
- This is compatible with the idea that pyrenes are forced to lie close together in the complex; the pyrene ring is a quite rigid and thus close apposition of two pyrenes is expected to limit ring deformations.
- Thus, the expression of these two genes occurs independently in mesoderm and ectoderm without the close apposition of these two tissues that normally occurs in embryos in vivo.
- The first seven bead appositions led to spikes in the fiber position that represent adhesive events of varying duration.
- Hence the plug is a specialized cytoplasmic structure, unlike desmosomes, gap junctions, or septate junctions, which are formed from membrane appositions.
- These connections consisted of close appositions between nonspecialized areas of the plasma membranes of the 2 cells.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.