In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Other colors such as golden, red, beige and aqua blue were too often repeated and, therefore, not quite challenging.
- Although she must have had some insight into it, because all the decorations were in her favourite aqua blue, like the dress which was low cut and slim.
- ‘And in a range of colours from fuchsia to orange, yellow to aqua,’ she adds.
- One dragon was fiery red, one was aqua blue, one green, and the last, pure, dazzling white.
- Fresh aqua blue, sandy tan, sea glass green and pale peach are all colors which figure strongly in this scheme.
- Bright orange, pink, aqua blue, purple and gold are some of the ‘good bye to conservative’ shades visible in the collections.
- Using a palette of aqua and Alaskan blue, limie green, peach, and ashes of roses, the line resonated his quest for a neat balance.
- Purple is still keen, but so is aqua, yellow, and even rusty orange.
- When shopping, go for hot colors such as pink, aqua blue, yellow, apple green, and lavender.
- The light is blue, not aqua like some other manufacture's have created.
- All the Rondos are two-toned, the color pairings including orange and crimson, Nile green and bright yellow, aqua and dark blue.
- In this show a deep, clear blue predominated among white, aqua, buttery yellow and dusty or radiant pinks.
- They don't change your color, but give your eyes a light blue, aqua or green tint.
- They even have a uniform in the club colours of purple, aqua and gold.
- Within each open container is a creamer cup holding a dollop of latex house paint in a color such as royal blue, pale aqua, lime green or muted yellow.
- She was entranced by his eyes which shimmered different shades of blue and aqua, which immediately made her think of the sea on a clear sunny day.
- The only differences between their eyes were that one was dark green, while the other one was aqua blue, very blue, and very intent on her.
- That's when we log on, make sure that designer flyswatter is still in stock and that shirt is available in light aqua, and place our order.
- Moiré and mother of pearl pastel watch faces in colours like pink and aqua and agate will also capture an iridescent feel.
- The sky was waning from a light and pale blue to a richer aqua and many of the villages were now emerging from the lengthening shadows.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.