In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
nombrePlural aquariums, Plural aquaria
- A layer of gravel covered the bottom of the aquaria, and terracotta pots were placed in each tank to allow establishment and maintenance of male territories.
- Unless you are rather experienced at maintaining a salt water aquarium, forget it.
- The grinning Michael beckoned me over the side and we stepped into a shallow aquarium of sun-warmed transparency.
- On the whole, it's a gift in the hands of those who were fed up of purchasing the typical type of aquaria with just water and fishes.
- Hermit crabs want to live free in the sunshine, not bottled up in aquariums.
- She kept young largemouth bass in ten-litre aquariums filled with buckyball-contaminated water.
- Some anglers run their own salt water aquariums to ensure a constant supply of eels throughout the season but believe me, that requires a lot of hard work and time devoted to it.
- Beginning May 1, he will live seven days under water, trapped inside a human aquarium.
- It is Goldfishes of all size, shape, and colour that were mostly found in the fresh water aquariums at the show.
- Storage aquaria had a constant water supply with nonfiltered seawater at ambient sea temperature.
- This infection may occur in people exposed to contaminated water in aquariums or pools.
- The orchids were delicate and beautiful and the aquarium and aquatic plants awesome.
- We transferred nymphs to glass aquaria containing stream water, for rearing.
- If you have a saltwater tank or freshwater plant aquarium, just ignore me.
- A temperature of 28 to 32 degree Celsius was maintained in the aquarium and the fish adapted to it.
- The tubes were floated in 57 L plastic aquaria receiving flow-through sea water pumped directly from the ocean.
- We got a beautiful aquarium and everything to go with it from fish and plant friendly chemicals to plants and rocks.
- Plants were randomized within the aquaria, and re-randomized following a water change.
- At another end of the exhibition floor, a sea water aquarium showed off fish which make their home on the Bucco Reef in Tobago.
- The article explained the structure and functions of sea water aquariums in domestic households.
- We were walking through the aquarium, glass fish tanks surrounding us on all sides.
- In Swakopmund the ministry is located in the double-storey beach-front building next to the aquarium.
- At the nearby aquarium, the children were awestruck by the different kinds of fish.
- In the dream I have a job working at a sort of aquarium / waterworld place with dolphins and stuff.
- Therefore, we encourage others to study molt in alcids and other seabirds by collaborating with zoos, aquaria, and others around the world that house such species.
- They abhor hunters and fishermen, and want animals out of research labs, circuses, and aquariums.
- As well as an ideas sharing forum the conference is also a hub for marine research and conservation and includes experts who advise zoos and aquariums how to breed endangered species in captivity.
- Among the strait's most impressive creatures is the beautiful sea pen, and these beautiful animals are often displayed in public aquariums.
- Tour seven aquariums, housing such species as Atlantic stingrays, sea horses, crabs, blennies, flounder, and puffer fish.
- Up to that point, traditional aquariums offered views of segregated species through small fish tank windows.
- Nickie works at an aquarium as a dolphin trainer and speeds around town on his super-sweet motorcycle.
- I also like going to aquariums and being able to observe different fish; the bluefin, or yellowtail, is an awesome design, very sleek and fast.
- I just do not support anyone that enslaves or kills non-human animals for profit, such as slaughterhouses, research facilities, circuses or animal prisons - aquariums and zoos.
- What messages are children taking away from zoos, animal parks and aquariums?
- He was much more at home in rumpled khakis or a wet suit and in the aquarium with the dolphins.
- Clear acrylic tunnels through the aquariums would allow visitors to see the animals.
- The foundation, which helps make the dreams of poorly boys and girls come true, arranged for Chloe to meet some dolphins at an aquarium in Benidorm.
- In 1843 a reptile house was opened, an aquarium in 1853, and an insect house in 1881.
- I could finally see all the spectacular fish, corals, and associated animals that I've seen in aquariums and on TV all my life.
- The maintenance of species in captivity in zoos, aquaria, and botanic gardens is sometimes called ex situ conservation.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.