2Arab", "arab(of a horse)árabe
- The ambassador returned to Alexandria's Arab quarter, disguised in a red tarboosh.
- In other words, seven-eighths of ancient Palestine now makes up Arab states, predominantly Jordan and Syria.
- It was here that he helped draw together the previously warring Arab tribes into a fighting force capable of attacking the Turkish enemy.
- One of the problems has been the shortage of Arab speakers.
- These are only a tiny fraction of the theories given by Arab viewers but, for the sake of brevity, I will not recount them all.
- The heart of the book is a trip to Egypt, where the writer attempts to ‘understand Arab culture’.
- But it wasn't until nearly 300 years later that Arab traders began to boil or roast these precious beans.
- Improvements have occurred in Bangladesh, Pakistan and most Arab States.
- Here's a piece about a public health magazine founded last year in Jerusalem and run by Jewish and Arab doctors.
- In the past, several Arab leaders buttressed the feeling of Arab unity.
- Iraq, that legendary bastion of Arab culture and letters, is not represented in Frankfurt, by the way.
- The main markets were in Germany, Austria, Italy, France, the US and Arab countries.
- Likewise, Arab sailors carried back ship loads of handicrafts from India.
- But, caught on the continent's horn, it isn't of Africa - it is neither Arab north nor Bantu south.
- Later, with the fall of the empire, it was settled by Germanic Visigoths, then Arabs and Moors.
- The history of the Roman Empire figures in this story, but so do the Arabs and the Germans and the Slavs.
- Also present are Arabs as well as Asians whose ancestors came from India and Pakistan.
- They share their classrooms with Arabs, Africans, and Vietnamese.
- In 711 the peninsula was separated dramatically from the rest of Europe by an invasion of Arabs and Berbers from North Africa.
- There has been a drop in the number of Asians, Africans and Arabs coming to the US.
- Though some members are Kurds, many are thought to be Arabs from around the Middle East.
- I visited it with a group called Chefs For Peace, which includes Arabs, Palestinians and Jews.
- Henceforth, he insisted that he was Emperor not only of the French but also of the North African Arabs.
- It's on a par with exporting sand to the Arabs - an Englishman is selling haggis to the Scots.
- Trans-Sahara trade with North Africans and Arabs began to transform these northern societies greatly.
- Some Brits, Arabs, Jews, and maybe a couple of Americans were on it.
- Nearly 300,000 North African Arabs, for example, fought in the ranks of the Free French.
- Residents of Kirkuk are divided in roughly equal parts among three ethnic groups, Arabs, Turkmen, and Kurds.
- With the signing of Zidane many French people and Arabs became Real Madrid fans.
- Assyrians were in the region long before the British, the Ottomans, the Arabs, and the Kurds.
2Arab", "arab(horse)caballo árabe masculino