In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1aracnofobia femeninofobia a las arañas femenino
- The costume was enough to send a person with arachnophobia into fits with its spiderweb and small spiders.
- I found it rather difficult to write the scene with the spider since I have arachnophobia.
- If you don't already have arachnophobia (that's an irrational fear of spiders), you might after seeing this sci-fi flick.
- Another happy client was a woman with arachnophobia who was due to emigrate to Australia - home to more than 3,000 species of eight-legged horrors.
- Would something like this also prove to be the cause of my arachnophobia and my fear of hypodermic needles?
- The dozen-or-so empty seats in the Media Centre could well have belonged to the hacks who suffer from arachnophobia.
- It's just something arachnophobia does to you, I'm scared just looking at the thing!
- A young mum today told how she got more than she bargained for when she sat down for a bowl of cereal - a bout of arachnophobia!
- According to a survey released last week, the No 1 fear among 1,000 Brits surveyed - just edging out terrorism - is arachnophobia.
- I've got arachnophobia, and whenever I see a spider and react, I don't feel ashamed.
- The above of course is all thoroughly rational and gets nowhere near the point that arachnophobia is a disproportionately prevalent fear.
- Can you tell I used to suffer from arachnophobia?
- First off, a confession: For most of my life, I've suffered from a pronounced case of arachnophobia.
- Kirkwood, an amateur spider enthusiast, politely avoids commenting on my arachnophobia.
- There are also informative sections about insects on money, arachnophobia and a gallery of insect-related art.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.