In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(task) arduo(training/conditions) duro(conditions/training) riguroso(climb/march) difícil
- Artists say that getting their art shown in galleries is an arduous and difficult process.
- It also seemed that the younger and frailer you were, the more arduous were your physical tasks.
- The Meath man believes his players need to work hard as a team and foresees an arduous training schedule.
- Despite the arduous task of bringing in money, the Arts Support group had an excellent time.
- Technology has rendered once arduous tasks easy and opened up a world of possibilities for ordinary people.
- Following a long and arduous journey which took him through Syria, Cyprus and Turkey, he made it to Britain.
- Armed with machetes they worked with their woodsmen in the arduous task of trail cutting.
- It can be a long and arduous task and very often ends in failure.
- It had been a long and arduous journey from her home in Scotland and she was weary to her bones.
- Sometimes they have to walk great distances and then carry the water back - an arduous task.
- All this requires much arduous, painstaking, and sometimes confusing work.
- Thanks to everyone who gave their time and effort to the arduous task.
- Michael's task is an arduous one, but critical to the well-being of 2.5m people.
- Before becoming a Mass server one had to learn the Latin responses and this was a long and arduous task.
- This is a long and arduous task, one that the authorities admit has had only very limited success to date.
- It is now possible to hire out the equipment needed to assist you in this arduous task.
- Her latest solo record bid is probably the most hazardous and arduous challenge that she has faced.
- The government is grappling with the arduous task of providing relief to distant islands.
- Approach difficult people and arduous tasks with a light and positive attitude.
- This two and a half day nonstop boat trip is just part of the arduous journey to bring help.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.