In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- However, from Karadi to Dandi, the land is arid and the vegetation scrubby.
- The arid climate makes the desert the best outdoor setting to keep planes free of corrosion.
- Hemp grows in virtually all conditions from arid desert to more temperate climes.
- It is an arid climate with a few registered inches of rainfall in a normal year.
- The arid land of this autonomous republic supports a nomadic lifestyle.
- Intensive irrigation would reshape arid lands and revolutionize rural life.
- After filming he headed for Namibia, wanting to be in a dry hot and arid climate after four months on a boat.
- The arid climate would easily sap the nutrients and moisture out of them.
- These findings are in contrast to earlier work that indicated an arid climate.
- Indeed, dry and warm storage frequently promotes after-ripening of seeds in species of warm and arid climates.
- Communities in arid climates often implement strategies for dealing with a lack of rainfall.
- The inhabitants are dependent on crop farming which is difficult in the arid land.
- Ethanol has also been found to contribute to smog in arid climates due to its volatile nature.
- The arid desert climate gets little rainfall, but the Rio Grande provides water for irrigation.
- In fact, she says, half of the water used in that arid climate is for lawns.
- From the arid climate of the Sahara to the cold wastes of Siberia, man has learnt how to cope in a wide variety of ways with the effects of the atmosphere.
- Next I'll tell you about my travels to the arid lands south-east of the great Kalahari desert.
- In the United States, such features show up sporadically in arid lands from New Mexico to Idaho.
- Its feedstock is a special variety of rapeseed bred to do well in the arid climate of southern Colorado.
- As the sun sets on a bleak plain in the arid Karoo region, the temperature plummets to below freezing.
2(subject) árido(life) vacío(life) estéril
- Yoga classes without this element seem to me arid and dull.
- Human stories are more interesting than an arid study of theology.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.