In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Fisiologíaaxila femeninosobaco masculino
- Often the lymph glands in the armpit are removed at the same time.
- Young children usually get the rash on their hands, feet, armpits, and sometimes their scalp and face.
- The smell is made by the bacteria that feed on this sweat, which comes from the apocrine glands in the armpits and groin area.
- The most common sign of food allergy is inflamed, itchy skin, usually around a pet's feet, face, ears, armpits, and groin.
- Lymph nodes, containing lymphatic fluid, are part of the immune system, and when swollen they feel like round bumps on your neck, armpits and groin.
- Doctors ask about symptoms and examine for swelling of the liver, spleen, and lymph glands in the armpits, groin and neck.
- It is most commonly found in the armpits, groin, between the buttocks and under the breasts.
- Hair that's not in your armpits or pubic area should be very fine, even if it's darker.
- The rash is greasy and affects the scalp, face, armpits, groin and skin below the breasts.
- If you notice a red spot close to the tick bite or develop a rash around your armpit, groin and thighs or a flu-like illness after being bitten, see your GP.
- Hyperhidrosis commonly affects the palms of the hands, the soles of the feet, or the armpits, but in a small number of patients it occurs over the whole body surface.
- Breast cancer treatment often involves the removal of lymph nodes in the armpit.
- The symptoms of plague were swollen lymph nodes in the armpits and groin known as buboes, hence Bubonic Plague, and death followed within hours or a few days at the most.
- Some individuals also may have weakness in one arm or leg if tumors grow in nerves in the armpit or groin.
- A child may also develop freckling in the folds of the skin of the armpit or groin or on other parts of the body where the skin creases.
- Sometimes it can be found in your armpit, above your collarbone or down as far as your abdomen.
- These may be scattered all over the skin, but occur most frequently in the armpits, groins and thighs.
- Moles can be present in more obscure locations as well - including on your scalp, under your nails, in your armpits and around your genitals.
- Sometimes your eyelashes, eyebrows, armpit, pubic and other body hair also falls out.
- There are higher concentrations of sweat glands in the armpits, hands, feet and forehead.
2EEUU coloquial(place)lugar de mala muerte masculino
- Humorist Gene Weingarten visits Battle Mountain, Nevada and describes how the "Armpit of America" grows on him. [washingtonpost.com]
- Your dismal little country in the armpit of Nowhere.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.