In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1comparecencia ante el juez femenino
- Habay was arraigned on the charges during a preliminary arraignment, where he was not required to enter a plea.
- Court officials said there is a possibility he did not receive a summons and that his arraignment could be rescheduled.
- He hasn't even faced the formal charges of an arraignment yet.
- Before the arraignment, Deputy Prosecutor Graham Blewitt spoke of his personal satisfaction in seeing one of the court's major targets brought before it.
- Prosecution is a process of investigation, of indictment, arraignment, trial and conviction.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.