In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- He's fallen into arrears, and the mortgage company is repossessing it on Monday.
- York housing chiefs today unveiled plans to make savings by toughening up on the collection of rent arrears.
- The accountants may not withdraw from the court until all debts and arrears are fully paid.
- They wait until the arrears accumulate before they can take any action at all.
- However, the city of New York was about to foreclose on the building for arrears of property taxes.
- Two weeks ago the Keighley News revealed that she had stood for election even though she was in council tax arrears.
- Every two weeks, the council reassesses the balance-sheets on outstanding rent arrears.
- She had been planning to sell the perfume and use the cash to pay off her rent arrears.
- The company owes six million leva in VAT and a further six million leva in other tax arrears.
- The report says a record number of people are getting into debt and that the most common debt in Scotland is council tax arrears.
- Camden council, where I live, never tires of bragging of how it evicts people with rent arrears.
- The council is chasing a total of £4.7m in rent arrears throughout the borough.
- Because of rent arrears, the district council repossessed the building in 2000.
- There is need to end the problem of housing allowance arrears once and for all.
- One side of the Council is issuing housing benefit, while on the other it takes court action when arrears build up.
- After all, the arrears of rent were quite small compared to the alleged value of the inventory.
- Reducing arrears means more money for services and housing improvements.
- She agreed that all the money was now gone but said most of it had gone towards repayment of debts and arrears.
- The level of rent arrears does not, and cannot, affect the level of residents' council tax.
- Her arrears dated back several years and had built up because she had struggled financially as a single mother.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.