In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1incendiarismo masculinoit was arson — el incendio fue provocado
- The men were found guilty of rioting, arson and culpable homicide amounting to murder.
- However, experts have since cast doubt over the forensic tests used to decide the fire was arson.
- An arson attack victim has spoken of her fear after finding that firebugs had set fire to her front door.
- She was arrested and charged with arson with intent to endanger life. She was found to be unfit to plead.
- He faces charges of attempted arson and having articles with intent to destroy or damage property.
- The fire was caused by arson, but so far the culprit has not been caught.
- During the last five years there has been a spate of muggings, violent attacks and arson at Moor Lane bus station.
- From that point forward he was on his own for more than a full year before committing the acts of arson.
- Schools are too often subject to arson attacks, sometimes to terrible effect.
- Teachers are already being given specialist fire safety training in a bid to combat arson attacks in schools.
- Now, on that first issue, whether or not it was arson, what else might it have been?
- He said youths who started out setting cars alight often moved on to house fires and other more serious arson attacks.
- Police have released pictures of four members of a family who died in a fire following an arson attack on their home.
- And I must admit that in my view if it was arson then the arsonist should be given an award for services to art.
- The jury still found Cottrell guilty of conspiracy to commit arson and seven counts of arson.
- The arson attack at the school last Tuesday was the second in a matter of weeks but police do not know if they are linked.
- Incidents have included joy riding, arson attacks on vehicles and fly tipping.
- No injuries were reported in the fire, which police say could have been caused by arson.
- It is not known what caused the fire, but arson or a discarded cigarette end have not been ruled out.
- Police also want to talk to anyone else who may have witnessed the suspected arson attack.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.