In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1historia del arte femenino
- John Ott is a visiting assistant professor of art history at Whitman College.
- Time has marched on since my long-ago youth, and so have art history and criticism.
- He became the first student from his local grammar school to go to Cambridge in fifty years, where he studied English and art history.
- How art history will position itself in these demarcation disputes remains to be seen.
- I came late to archaeology, having studied art history at undergraduate level.
- Although neither show lives up to its hype, both include some of the most sublime paintings by two of art history's big names.
- Nonetheless, it is often claimed that Japanese art history is in a state of crisis.
- The study of art history in a Ph.D. program took up the better part of the next 15 years.
- Pater was writing just when the working methodology of academic art history was being established.
- Hegel has been called the father of history for the historicizing model he offered the field of art history.
- Propaganda posters are a part of the social history of the Chinese people and a part of China's art history.
- The authors of these essays are professors of history, literature, or art history.
- Once you were smitten with the idea of art history, did you have a conception of where it might lead?
- Although he retains the painting style that he taught himself, Kox is no stranger to other contemporary artists, or to art history.
- She studied art history, and she's contemplating being a curator in a museum.
- There seem to be many traditions of modern art, all working at the same time. Is that why we should study art history?
- Yet his position within twentieth-century American art history is not so apparent.
- Mr Falck has been a professional artist all his life and also lectures on art and art history.
- Francesca Dal Lago is a Ph.D. candidate in Chinese art history at New York University.
- She teaches art history and criticism at the University of Texas at San Antonio.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.