In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1sala de cine de arte y ensayo femenino(movie) de arte y ensayo
- The filmmaker was Peter Weir, one of the great art house directors of all time.
- The film can be seen in a lot of independent art-house cinemas and has drawn a good response from audiences, especially in the wake of its awards success.
- In England the film was mainly shown in art house cinemas to art house audiences.
- This Christmas, though, you won't have to go to an art house to see a film inspired by disdain for Christmas.
- These exciting times arrive just as the Indian film industry itself is changing, with greater interaction between art house films and Bollywood.
- It's a shame that this film probably won't be exhibited again, even at our art-house cinemas.
- Gosford Park I saw twice in the same week, once at the multiplex in the northern suburbs and then at an art-house cinema in the inner city.
- We didn't want to make an art house film, we wanted to make something that is fairly commercial.
- Since the film's art house release five years ago, and subsequent turns on home video, the joke's been lost on about half the audience.
- In art house circles, Fellini is regarded as one of the greats.
- It's ironic that a motion picture designed as mainstream, commercial entertainment in France will be viewed as an art house film during its American run.
- I wanted more people to hear about the film than the usual art-house channels would allow.
- European art-house cinema provided adult themes that seemed genuinely adult.
- Despite struggling for acceptance, Greenaway eventually went on to become a solitary British icon in the European art house film movement.
- People are beginning to go and see a documentary in the way they would seek out an art-house film.
- Certainly a film for art house audiences, but also a nice first time introduction to Danish cinema that is bold and confident.
- The White Balloon is the first Iranian film to get an art-house cinema release in Australia, which is some kind of milestone.
- I was pointing out that those three films were commercial, and not aimed at the art house crowd.
- Today he says he would have preferred ‘a European art house film rather than a Hollywood blockbuster’.
- Part of the scheme includes the art house cinema City Screen which was created from the former newspaper printworks.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.