In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The National Museum in Nairobi has collections of historical and cultural artifacts and the museum at Fort Jesus in Mombasa is dedicated to archeology and history.
- The museum houses a wealth of interesting historical artifacts, including the original shop restored to its original condition.
- This treasury which is located inside a safe locked basement beneath the shrine contains historical artifacts, priceless manuscripts and a significant amount of gold and gems.
- It's loaded with ceramic artifacts and historical relics.
- Artworks in a museum tend to become historical documents or artefacts.
- All the historical artefacts rescued from the building will be sold at auction next month.
- The cultural artifacts that decorate the walls don't seem real to me - it's like stepping into the Matrix, an artificially generated world.
- We have no control over our cultural artifacts once we send them out into the world - people do with them what they will, including construct dreams around them.
- Of course, much more remains to be done, but the ground floor now houses a large historical museum containing many artifacts indicative of past life in Wood's Harbour.
- If we view all cultural artifacts as historically contingent, by what measure do we decide if one is morally superior to another?
- The film is most interesting as an historical artifact and an example of a black-cast film that seems to respect the actors, though not financially.
- The president of the Admiral Brown Society, JJ O'Hara, said the cannons and guns were rare historical artifacts.
- Because this policy sees every object in terms of personal identity, it is blind to imaginative or well-crafted paintings, interesting or rare historical artefacts.
- Displayed alongside the photos are some books, posters and other historical artifacts of this period.
- Therefore, Chonggyechon now contains old deposits and a variety of artifacts that illustrate the cultural history of Seoul over the past 600 years.
- The McCord Museum is home to an extraordinary collection of historical artifacts from Montreal and beyond.
- The United States Library of Congress preserves the Nation's cultural artifacts and provides enduring access to them.
- Local people wanted a safe place to exhibit and store family pictures and historical artifacts, and now the Centre provides just that.
- We take for granted that our cultural artifacts will last.
- I can't help but to think about how the great museums of Europe amassed their collections of cultural artefacts.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.