In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1horizonte artificial masculino
- The system utilizes a huge artificial horizon with V-bar indicator and an HSI in your choice of arc mode or full display at bottom center.
- Most of the scientific instruments were lost: the sextants, the big telescope, the five compasses, the artificial horizons; even the thermometers.
- Vertical bars mark the sides of the hangar and the ship's mast, and a further improvement comes in the form of a gyro-stabilised horizontal bar, which gives the pilot an artificial horizon to work with.
- The aileron caused a turn, which the pilot rectified with rudder before realizing his error and returning his scan to the artificial horizon on the panel.
- I scanned my radar altimeter, my artificial horizon, and the simulated-suspect vessel.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.