In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The competition is intended for upcoming artistes and not for professionals.
- Yoga has the power to fine-tune these faculties, and helps an artiste enhance his or her performance.
- Mr. Mitra joined the troupe as a child artiste and now he is its secretary.
- He says the makers wanted a glamorous artiste who can perform well in a key role.
- The South African artistes will perform on a unique triple wheel which rotates on a central axis.
- It is a sort of sampling session for senior musicians and critics to measure the potential an upcoming artiste.
- The music was recorded specially for this program by a team of senior artistes in a professional studio.
- Male artistes playing the role of both male and female characters perform on the stage at midnight.
- To add to the festive occasion, there was a magic show and a puppet show by artistes who had come all the way from Tilonia.
- At the fete, patrons were treated to live performances from three bands and a number of guest artistes.
- The choreography blended the performances of stage artistes with the voice of the singer.
- In another solo performance, the young artiste performed a popular Burmese number.
- Various scholars and artistes will give presentations at the seminar.
- He says, in fact, that Edmonton is the penultimate stop on his farewell tour as an open-air artiste.
- After their individual performances, the artistes will sing a theme song together.
- Night after night these artistes travelled to remote areas of the country taking the art form to the people.
- The situation is so bad that artistes are now straying to greener pastures.
- Joan says she is aware of some music promoters who preferred female artistes showing off their bodies.
- This is not the first time an Indian artiste will perform at the Carnegie Hall.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.