In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1the age of the artifacts is ascertainable using modern techniques — la antigüedad de los artefactos puede ser establecida / determinada usando técnicas modernas
- Even then it would not derive from any objectively ascertainable standard or consensus within a recognised profession.
- Whether such an exposure would affect the hormone status of women, children, or fetuses is not ascertainable from the results of the present study.
- The common law is not always clear, but in most fields it is reasonably ascertainable.
- He added that he would have given the cause of death as not ascertainable.
- I lowered my window and turned off the radio to listen for any sound (to see if it was a helicopter) but I couldn't hear any ascertainable aircraft engine noise.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.