In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(negotiable price)precio de venta masculino(in auction) precio de salida masculino
- Start off by offering one third of the original asking price and you could walk away with a bargain.
- This meant sellers were often prepared to accept offers below the asking price.
- If it gets the thumbs up from a trusted and competent mechanic and you can afford the asking price - buy it.
- ‘Vendors who genuinely want to sell are now being much more realistic about asking prices,’ he said.
- Many vendors had to drop their asking prices to achieve a sale.
- Therefore, it pays to be especially vigilant if you are ever offered payment above your asking price for goods.
- The site is now back on the market and is for sale by private treaty with an asking price of over £20 million.
- Properties are taking longer to sell, but asking prices are still being met with regularity.
- I'd have her thoroughly inspected first, and possibly haggle a bit more off the asking price.
- It is accompanied by several other more glamorous options at a similar asking price.
- As a result, developers have been lowering rents, decreasing asking prices and/or offering significant incentives to potential tenants.
- There is evidence to suggest that some vendors have been forced to drop their asking prices by considerable sums.
- The days of estate agents and solicitors misleading consumers by putting homes up for sale at asking prices well below their real value are to be brought to an end by the Scottish Executive.
- Getting an offer accepted below the asking price is easier when there are fewer buyers.
- I recently made an offer for the full asking price on a property in the town and was the first to do so.
- Recent stories of sales above asking prices were a classic sign of a market that was overheating.
- The asking price reflects its location in a particularly sought-after part of the inner city.
- However, Bennett said many properties have been sold for marginally lower than the initial asking price.
- I put a note through the estate agent's door offering the asking price, even though I didn't know what it was.
- We bought back all the shares from a majority shareholder at his asking price.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.