In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1masculino asesinatobefore noun assassination attempt — atentado masculino
- There were also a number of other attacks and assassinations, using machine guns rather than car bombs.
- The world has witnessed innumerable political assassinations but few have had earthshaking consequences.
- It has also raised fears that political assassinations are making a comeback as a way to eliminate opposition figures.
- We've also heard of several more abductions and now assassinations.
- We are talking of torture and extrajudicial executions or assassinations.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.