In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- For instance, coral polyps amount to natural assemblers as they build their reefs.
- Everyone, from secretaries to engine assemblers, can tell you what kind of return their work creates for the company, and the costs of the products they use.
- The tiny cylinder latch assembly gave the assemblers fits and, in 1906, it was eliminated in favor of a locking bolt in a lug under the barrel.
- Cars initially were produced by teams of skilled assemblers who fit together crudely made components.
- I met crankshaft grinders and engine assemblers who could discuss the ROI of their machine tools.
- The regional strategy has focused on recruiting ‘beacon’ businesses of large employers such as car assemblers.
- We don't have managers and assemblers, editors and secretaries, surgeons and nurses.
- The current staff of nine, which includes five product assemblers and a small marketing team, should continue as company operatives.
- This paper presents the results of a benchmarking study carried out to assess and compare the levels of manufacturing performance achieved by 16 British contract electronics assemblers.
- More obvious are the engineers and assemblers housed in those buildings.
- This number includes the three two-man engine assembly teams, a full-time head assembler and ‘floating’ person that works two full days a week on head assembly.
- First, teams of assemblers moved from fixed chassis to fixed chassis, or assemblers simply stayed with their chassis while others brought them tools and parts as needed.
- The plant's workforce includes skilled moulders, assemblers and maintenance workers, many of whom are furious at the reports of closure.
- We do not want someone who'll come in and turn us into an assembler for them.
- That meant working closely with engineers and assemblers to build a simple user interface and limit production costs.
- China offers auto assemblers and especially component producers hourly wages below $1.00 for skilled workers who are only too happy to accept those wages as the ticket to a middle class lifestyle.
- That's probably overstated, but the exploits of the overseas based domestic assemblers do have an excellent track record with product, price, productivity and profitability.
- In addition to producing for end-product assemblers, there is also the potential to produce replacement parts, not only for Thailand, but also the region.
- The domestic assemblers have run out of options that would produce the cash or lower the costs of production by the billions of dollars needed to stay in the game and create a constant flow of competitive product
- But it was seen that many of the local assemblers are of the view that since they provide better after-sales service and better-bundled peripheral schemes they will not loose their market share.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.