In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(in US)miembro de una asamblea legislativa masculino
- Although I do understand that our elected officials are busy people, I just figured the assemblyman would choose to spend at least a little time with me.
- One state assemblyman said, ‘It's all very nice to be politically correct here, but we're talking about terrorism.’
- A Nevada state legislative assemblyman for the area, and the chairman of the Lander County Commission, were both denied the right to testify in a prior hearing set to consider wireline phones for the area.
- Stopping just short of getting her degree, she went to work for a state assemblyman, whom she accompanied to Washington in 1992 when he was elected to Congress.
- A former national assemblyman of the Green Party, the lawmaker from Yunlin County said he had wanted to join the DPP for some time but was waiting for the right moment.
- Which role do you like playing most - a lawyer, a provincial assemblyman, a legislator or a commissioner?
- No, at 24, he was rather a green New York state assemblyman who was still recovering from a childhood plagued by cholera morbus, and he'd come out to the Dakota Territory with boyish notions of shooting a buffalo.
- There was a New York State assemblyman, a North Dakota rancher, an eminent historian, a biographer, a big-game hunter, a conservationist, a civil service reformer, a professional politician, and a police commissioner.
- A Republican assemblyman supported the bill, citing that half of California prisoners smoke and the development will cut health care costs.
- Has the CPA credential proved to be an asset to the assemblyman?
- But each district elects one state assemblyman, state senator, or U.S. representative.
- The deputy governor lost a tooth in a fight with an assemblyman, the chancellor of the colony was pushed into a fireplace, and a sheriff who entered a religious meeting in Dover to collect a fee was knocked flat by a woman wielding her Bible.
- His grandfather had served as governor of New Jersey, his father was a prominent jurist and New York assemblyman, and he quickly became a leading lawyer and socialite.
- By age 35, he was a state assemblyman, occasionally evading security alarms to eat peanut-butter-and-jelly sandwiches with his daughter on the roof of the state Capitol.
- The magnitude of concern has reached the point where the state's environmental agency and a state assemblyman want the work halted until all the questions can be answered.
- While a provincial assemblyman, he enrolled at Tunghai University in Taichung and graduated in 1985 with a bachelor's degree in political science.
- In California, one assemblyman just introduced legislation to legalize same-sex marriage.
- In California, one state assemblyman has offered a bold new proposal to crack down on the flood of illegal aliens crossing the Mexican-California border.
- New Jersey residents are urged to get in touch with their own assemblyman to comment on assembly bill No.2624, or its sponsor.
- The assemblyman likens the proposal to a 401 program.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.