In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- American astronauts and Soviet cosmonauts shook hands hundreds of miles above a burning Cambodia.
- We salute his many accomplishments as an astronaut and as a husband and father.
- When astronauts go into microgravity they lose their sense of place and have to rely on visual and auditory cues.
- The large viewing windows will provide the astronauts with a view of the Earth quite unlike any other.
- We can picture exactly what he meant because we have now seen film of astronauts orbiting the Earth in spacecraft.
- How much food do we need to have on the spacecraft for the astronauts to go to Mars?
- It will be the second time American astronauts return to Earth in a Soyuz spacecraft.
- This is where astronauts are trained and the space shuttle program is managed.
- The findings are not only important for the wellbeing of astronauts but for everybody.
- For the astronauts on board the Space Station there are no less than sixteen sunrises and sunsets each day.
- Every orbit of the space shuttle treats the astronauts to stunning scenery.
- This is an idea for a spacesuit that will allow astronauts to exercise while working in space.
- The hostile environment of space poses a special challenge to the wellbeing of astronauts.
- It allowed American and Soviet astronauts to work together and to get to know each other.
- For Earth will only be one point of light among many, and astronauts will truly be on their own.
- During spaceflight astronauts lose muscle mass and function as a consequence of a lack of gravity.
- I always really enjoy explaining how space travel works and how you train for a space mission as an astronaut.
- The meeting was very informal and the girls were able to bombard Claudie with questions on what life is like as an astronaut.
- This is only a handful of some of the most notable men who helped to get American astronauts to the Moon.
- It was also the first time that US astronauts had returned from space in a Soyuz spacecraft.
- Iceland was where the Apollo 11 astronauts trained for their lunar trip.
- NASA permits astronauts to take some souvenirs for their family and close friends.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.