In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- According to my research on astrophysics, the most powerful of the known forces in the universe is nuclear energy, which fuels the stars.
- The picture suggests possible solutions to many outstanding questions in physics and astrophysics.
- This discovery represents a new frontier in neutron-star astrophysics.
- Each of these experiments generated an enormous amount of theoretical interest in the areas of cosmology and astrophysics they touched upon.
- His interests range from astrophysics and quantum mechanics to mathematical puzzles and games.
- The South Building, built from 1891 to 1899, was an astrophysics observatory.
- He was later promoted to chief observer and professor of astrophysics.
- For the Hayden Planetarium, the new technology offered the potential to convey contemporary astrophysics as never before.
- I read up on interstellar objects and astrophysics and studied quasars, pulsars and supernovas, but my main focus was black holes.
- Modern astronomical research proceeds at a rapid pace due to the application of new technologies in astronomy and astrophysics.
- Her work tends to encompass the overlap of mathematics, general relativity, and astrophysics.
- Reading about cosmology captured her imagination and, intrigued by questions of how the universe came to be, she narrowed her focus to astrophysics.
- Cosmology and astrophysics are branches of physics in which one needs an unusual combination of breadth and depth to excel.
- A team of astronomers might have solved one of the mysteries of astrophysics with the discovery of a clutch of quasars, hiding behind clouds of dust.
- I said that I'd prefer particle physics, but astrophysics was fine too.
- He has published about two dozen papers in various astronomy and astrophysics journals.
- I was about twelve years old when my father began bringing home Fred Hoyle's books on astrophysics.
- Only the professionals could afford the large telescopes and complex support gear required for modern astronomy and astrophysics.
- I predict that particle physics and its links with astrophysics and cosmology will continue to be exciting in the foreseeable future.
- His interests span a broad range of topics in astrophysics, from cosmology to the emergence of intelligent life.
- In many instances, these three basic physical sciences even overlap, giving rise to joint disciplines such as astrophysics and chemical physics.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.