In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Let me quickly say that I am not advocating mass conversions to atheism or agnosticism.
- And in terms of religious education is atheism or humanism ever given equal balance with official religions?
- I had thought as a freshman at Kenyon that atheism was the most rebellious thing I could do.
- Denial of any purpose and order is current in atheism and materialism.
- However, I think there's more that could be said about the relation between naturalism and atheism.
- One interesting discovery is the paucity of scholarly work on the actual history of atheism.
- Indeed one of the other fashionable mistakes of the moment is to blur the distinction between the terms atheism and secularism.
- It saddens me deeply that you feel that our ministry is more dangerous than atheism.
- The school accepts children from other religions, and teaches alternative religions and even atheism.
- My atheism isn't due to a lack of interest in God at all, but rather the opposite: a fascination with humanity.
- Miller discussed and investigated the philosophical basis and long history of atheism and disbelief.
- As a thinker he advanced from theological liberalism to deism, then pantheism and possibly to atheism.
- I whole-heartedly welcome proposals to tell children about atheism and agnosticism in schools.
- No matter how strenuously some may try to deny it, atheism is a belief system.
- It had also been predicted that a great wave of atheism would sweep the world.
- Doubts and refutations were presented from the perspective of humanistic atheism and agnosticism.
- Not one of the city's ancient churches was left unscathed by the long years of official atheism.
- Christianity has nothing to fear from atheism or agnosticism.
- How atheism and agnosticism have spread in the later generations is there for everyone to see.
- The teaching of eternal torment has done more to drive people to atheism and insanity than any other invention of the devil.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.