In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1presión atmosférica femenino
- Where Boulton and Watt were persisting with using the power of atmospheric pressure to force a piston to move, Murdock used the pressure of the steam to move a tiny 20 mm piston inside a small cylinder.
- As gifted in science as in letters, he did important work in geometry, hydrodynamics, and atmospheric pressure, and invented a calculating machine, a syringe, and a hydraulic press.
- If the Earth were not round, whole hemispheres would have different atmospheric pressure and significantly different sea levels.
- From about this time Pascal began a series of experiments on atmospheric pressure.
- During the winter, strong areas of high atmospheric pressure dominate.
- Water exposed to atmospheric pressure boils at approximately 100 degrees Celsius.
- To keep it running, you have to keep the pressure in the hose higher than atmospheric pressure.
- The Arctic Oscillation is a seesaw pattern in which atmospheric pressure at the polar and middle latitudes fluctuates between positive and negative phases.
- He would record the temperature, atmospheric pressure, the degree of cloud cover, whether there was rain or snow.
- Conversely, the lower atmospheric pressure on a mountain top makes it harder to get boiling water hot enough for good tea or coffee.
- The atmospheric pressure is in our comfort range, along with the gravity.
- The atmospheric pressure may have been higher.
- The pressure from this steam forced the piston upward once it was high enough to counteract the weight and atmospheric pressure on the cylinder.
- Other manometers contain a sealed-off vacuum at one end, so that changes in atmospheric pressure don't have to be accounted for in calculations.
- This is because in an airplane, both atmospheric pressure and humidity are low.
- It has been suggested that, perhaps by sensing changes in atmospheric pressure, birds can perceive the approach of major weather systems.
- Every day since then she has recorded rainfall, temperature, and atmospheric pressure from her home.
- Compared with total atmospheric pressure, airborne sound waves represent extremely small pressure changes.
- At pressures substantially below normal atmospheric pressure, more substances can be made to sublime.
- The surface pressure on Mars is less than 1% of the earth's atmospheric pressure at sea level.
- In this case, the collapse is actually attributed to gravity and not atmospheric pressure.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.