In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1atuendo masculino formalatavío masculino literario
- You see two other people at the stop, one in business attire and the other in construction gear.
- Elsewhere, another fashion icon was making a very different kind of statement through his choice of attire.
- A baggy sweater is her preferred attire when she goes to meet a new man.
- Some wore clothes like hers, while others were dressed in expensive attire.
- She still spent most of her time shunning female attire and dressing mainly in male military clothes.
- He was standing right there in surprisingly normal attire: a black shirt and jeans.
- Her current attire consisted solely of ragged dark jeans and a faded black tank top.
- If he slipped on a navy blazer, he would be sporting the traditional attire of every rugby player in every club in the country.
- Rahul wears glasses and is often dressed in western outfits, but he likes Indian attire too.
- The most popular attire is rugby shorts for men and floral cotton dresses for women.
- I was a bit surprised at her choice of attire, as she usually wore blue jeans and a top.
- Opt for colors like dark brown, tan and black to make sure they match the rest of your attire.
- The waiters too would be dressed in traditional attire.
- Such attire is indeed convenient for campaigning on the streets or elsewhere.
- The actors are all in night attire and the stage is strewn with duvets and pillows.
- Davy was, in attire and appearance, so much like a fisherman that you might suppose he had just arrived from the coast.
- To each of these outings they were expected to wear formal attire including hat and gloves.
- A long queue of people in teeshirts and other summer attire stood patiently shivering.
- He wears a royal blue suit, which astonishes his seven sisters, who are not used to seeing him in formal attire.
- Referring to his attire, Mbeki said he was dressed that way because he was going to work at some of the schools.
- The advisor was attired in full dress regalia with a sidearm on his hip.
- Men, women and children of all ages are attired in colorful costumes.
- First, parents must ensure that their daughters are modestly attired.
- You are my ward, Amanda, so you must have a new dress and be appropriately attired.
- A group of colourfully attired children are gathered at the skating rink on the eastern side.
- Many of those who attended were attired in their traditional homeland garb.
- They are seen attired in clothes of bright and varied hues.
- Some were attired in figure-hugging minis, some were dressed in sparkling evening wear and a few in casuals.
- When we first meet in London, Balls is soberly attired.
- Elegantly attired in black, she was fairly dripping with gold jewelry and wore bright red lipstick.
- The shop staff are attired in black dresses with old fashioned white starched aprons.
- You were rather formally attired, wearing a velvet dress that would have been appropriate for a concert stage.
- Walking down the road a bit, I passed another embassy with another similarly attired policeman standing out front.
- Stunning models took to the catwalk attired in equally stunning garments.
- Women are reminded to ensure they are properly attired before leaving the arrival area.
- I am immaculately groomed and attired for every meeting I attend.
- Suitably attired, my wife and I took the train down from Waterloo.
- Can I tell him he is inappropriately attired?
- A smiling Princess Anne was attired in an aqua-blue hat and matching jacket, with white top.
- She stood up and was shown to be attired in a short tan dress that barely reached her knees.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.