In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1abogado masculinoabogada femeninoprosecuting attorney — fiscal femenino
- Other important intermediaries were legal attorneys, who represented the Christian groups in their dealings with the state.
- We'll hear from his defense attorney and the lawyer representing his murdered wife's family.
- This one-sided provision has created bad incentives for attorneys and the litigants they represent.
- The court would appoint public attorneys to represent Estrada.
- Military officials at the Pentagon declined to describe their legal status, or say whether they are represented by attorneys.
- Her appointed attorney was not immediately available for comment.
- According to attorneys who represent these defendants, the pressure on men to confess to what the government wants is enormous.
- The matter was then taken to the High Court, where attorneys acting on his behalf challenged the police as to why he was still in custody.
- And most are defended not by private attorneys but by public defenders or appointed lawyers.
- It's time for prosecutors and plaintiffs' attorneys to move forward with renewed vigor.
- Criminal defendants have no right to court appointment of an attorney and no right to a jury trial.
- Defence attorneys and lawyers for the Arab Commission for Human Rights described the case as a sham because of the lack of evidence.
- In some states, a fifth of the attorneys who have represented defendants in capital cases have subsequently been suspended, disbarred or arrested.
- You and your attorney should understand your business situation thoroughly before you decide on a license.
- An attorney can be appointed by signing a deed which is in place immediately.
- The present system allows for an individual to be represented by a different attorney at each stage.
- A judge was elected, attorneys were appointed, and witnesses were interviewed.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.