In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- You'll find some audio guide numbers on one of the text panels.
- The Met's audio guide adds little to the information published beside the exhibits.
- Visitors browse about with audio-guide phones held to their ears.
- The talking point of the Colourists show is the free audio guide with every ticket.
- There is not a single label or text or audio-guide here.
- We are currently developing a pre-visit audio guide for visually impaired visitors to the Eden Project.
- His elegant voice is familiar to many who have visited the Met and have used the museum's audio guides.
- The tours are guided but you get an audio guide in your language of choice.
- In the New York exhibit, although an excellent catalogue and audio guides were available, the objects had no labels.
- The display, meant to take about 60 minutes to tour (an optional audio guide costs $6), becomes progressively more gruesome.
- The exhibition is family-friendly and will provide flip panels and audio guides to explain the historical context of each piece.
- With your free portable audio-guide, you will learn about the amazing 20,000 objects made or used in the county.
- Audio guides have become standard fixtures of many museums.
- Spotting a sign that announces audio guides I ask for them.
- The artists' recorded comments on the audio guide revealed their collusion in trendy artspeak.
- The tour should take a few hours and hiring an audio guide is advisable.
- The audio guide will allow visitors to identify important exhibits.
- Similar to audio guides in museums, each phone number connected to a unique recording that described a certain site in Baghdad.
- You can borrow a free audio guide from the front desk.
- During my recent visit to the Metropolitan Museum of Art, I went to the desk to ask for a headset for their audio guide.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.