In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The ambulance was kind enough to book me in, although I was already late for my appointment with the audiology department.
- Of late, audiology has incorporated digital technology.
- Support services may include special education, speech therapy, occupational or physical therapy, counseling, audiology, medical services, nursing, vision or hearing therapy, and many others.
- The state associations for speech-language pathology and audiology also maintain listings of licensed and certified therapists.
- Facilities for ear, nose and throat, audiology and dermatology patients and a new renal dialysis unit are also included.
- She received a master's degree in speech pathology and audiology in 1972 from Southern Illinois University at Carbondale.
- The course is being offered by the department of audiology and speech-language pathology in the College of Science.
- The head of audiology agrees that in many cases digital hearing aids are better.
- His company manufactures and exports hearing and audiology equipment.
- His degree, a doctorate in audiology from a Florida university, followed two years of part time study.
- Other disciplines moving in the same direction are physical therapy, occupational therapy, optometry, and audiology.
- After having your hearing tested at the audiology department of a hospital, a technician will take a mould of your ear so that the hearing aid can be fitted perfectly.
- Services on offer include podiatry, speech and language facilities, audiology and hearing therapy, and family planning.
- Allied health consists of various fields such as physical therapy, speech/language pathology and audiology, and respiratory care.
- Early use of hearing aids plus support from audiology services can improve language development in infants with sensorineural hearing loss.
- He denied the existence of any hearing problem and appeared at the audiology clinic only at the repeated urging of his wife.
- This is usually the procedure in every audiology clinic before considering a hearing aid fitting.
- These will include representatives from obstetrics, audiology, infection control and physiotherapy.
- A person who experiences hearing loss can have a range of tests, usually at an audiology clinic of the local hospital or health centre.
- However, there are concerns about waiting times in audiology and secondary mental health services, demonstrating that additional investment is very much needed.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.