In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Also important was the wide availability of new audio-visual technologies such as digital video cameras and projectors.
- It means Internet users can download vast amounts of information more quickly, making a number of audio-visual applications possible.
- An audio-visual presentation on polytechnic education also formed part of the exhibition.
- French is taught using the most advanced audio-visual aids, which encourage the students to interact actively using the new language.
- But, more practically, the new building is well placed to play a crucial role in the economic development of the audio-visual industry in Scotland.
- He has devised workshops for young people that draw on a range of art forms including music, dance, audio-visual and information technology.
- After completing his school education, he studied audio-visual communications and filmmaking for three years.
- The paper's art director, gave an audio-visual presentation of how we developed the new design.
- The university's audio-visual department did not record it either, which is an interesting tale.
- The prime minister is slated to sit through an hour-long audio-visual presentation on infrastructure requirements in the state.
- It features informative audio-visual and interactive displays about the development of the dairy industry.
- Initially, students will be exposed to two audio-visual classes of one-and-a-half hours each, a week.
- An audio-visual presentation helps interpret the maps and has local people explaining why they got involved in the project.
- It would predominantly be an audio-visual quiz, he said.
- It was praised for the use of audio-visual presentations and displays throughout the museum.
- Over 40 audio-visual shows bring to life the players, matches, unique moments and numerous memories from over the years.
- The building also houses a library stocking over 130,000 items including journals and audio-visual materials.
- The use of the audio-visual medium to inform, educate and motivate people of all walks of life on environmental issues is the main aim, he adds.
- The schools then selected products from an extensive catalogue of computers, software and audio-visual goods.
- The course consists of audio-visual teaching aids and includes screening of Italian movies and exposure to Italian books.
- It's very hi-tech and has a lot of unique audio-visual material.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.