In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(air)halo masculinoaura masculino
- The meditative mood and ethereal atmosphere of the painting create an aura of intimacy that counters the epic scale of its composition.
- Television has played no small part in the creation of an aura of respectability around supernatural mumbo jumbo, whether it be presented as new age or old school.
- Though an aura of uncertainty hung over the anniversary.
- There was an aura of pride surrounding him, a glow that made him look happy and that ended up making me feel a little better too.
- An aura of mystery surrounded her, but it felt like she was letting me in.
- Much of Mumbai is polluted, overcrowded and frenetic, yet the city has an aura of magic and irrepressible hope.
- The scene was spectacular: spotlights in the grass cast a fine play of light and shadow, creating an aura of ancient grandeur and mystery.
- All the furniture in the coffeehouse is of the 1930s style, the dark wood and rare ornaments creating an aura of mystery and peace.
- There was something intriguing about this man; an aura of happiness surrounded him and affected the air he breathed.
- But, generally, the right uniform confers an aura of authority and legitimacy on even the most questionable of occupations.
- Historical sites of revolutions are often imbued with an aura of romantic mystique.
- It gives an aura of maturity and authority too, adds another group.
- An aura of wisdom surrounded her but she looked so young she could have passed as one of Serena's classmates.
- In his hand was a long, crimson staff, and an aura of magical strength surrounded him.
- Fans of the artist say his unique color perception translates into images that shimmer with texture, richness of color and an aura of mystique.
- Psychiatric classifications have an aura of scientific certitude about them that is not really justified.
- I still sense an aura of coldness, but I guess that's something I'll have to approach practically next time.
- What he transmits far more effectively than most designers, including other famous colleagues, is an aura of power.
- Even now, there is an aura of otherworldliness about him.
2(in spiritualism)aura masculino
- It will include exhibitions of the supernatural, including a display of Kirlean Photography, a system which, it is claimed, shows the body's psychic auras in colour.
- The woman grinned and began to chant, an aura surrounding her body.
- Negative energy that is part of your aura attracts more negative energy.
- ‘The ability of some people to see the colored auras of others has held an important place in folklore and mysticism throughout the ages,’ said Ward.
- Barbara claims she can do astral healing: psychic surgery on your aura.
- In Celtic Spiritual tradition, it is believed that the soul radiates all about the physical body, what some refer to as an aura.
- He also believes in auras and has indicated that he believes that some of his ex-wife's gynecological problems may have been due to aliens.
- Around their bodies shimmered auras of living energy.
- The last thing he remembered was the blue aura surrounding his body and a blinding light.
- I don't believe in the concept of auras, but if I did I would say he was definitely giving off an aura of pure evil.
- It is a ‘hands off’ healing modality that teaches people how to scan the aura or the energy field that surrounds the physical body.
- The man on the ground had only a faint aura since he was no longer conscious.
- I sat there, meditating on bringing my aura closer to my body, and therefore making it less
- She started by telling me how she could see my aura was full of negative energy and that she could rid me of it.
- She hadn't been able to sleep all night, because when she closed her eyes, all she could see were the spirits and auras surrounding her.
- Her hands then began to glow, surrounded by an aura of white light.
- She claims her special gift is the ability to see people's auras.
- Her latest book, Light Body, an intense study of the human aura, spiritual energy and the awakening of the human soul will be published in September.
- Miri sat calmly at the table, surrounded by an aura of soft green.
- Although one of them is stronger, and the other's aura faint.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.